Reading Time: 4 mins
During this month of love, it’s good to find a pretty and flattering hairstyle that would work for you. Ponytails can be quite cute, and it would be even greater if you could create a hairstyle from it that’s quick and easy to make, doesn’t cost much and is ideal for special occasions.
It can be harder to create a perfect ponytail when you don’t have naturally thick hair but, luckily, clip-in extensions are available to help you achieve that. Get high-quality ones, and you wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of cutting and glueing them down.
Granted, it can still be a process to create a ponytail hairstyle, but you don’t have to worry! Here’s an outline of steps on how to have great hair with clip-in ponytail hair extensions.
1) Prep Your Hair
Prepping is key when it comes to achieving the perfect hairstyle, especially with clip-in hair extensions that require support. Start with a shampoo and conditioner that’s suited to your hair type. Then, with a towel around your shoulders, blow the hair upwards with a hairdryer. Follow the next steps to prepare your hair for the ponytail:
- Brush Through. Part your hair into three sections: one at the front, one above the ears, and one at the back. Take a wide-toothed comb or a detangling comb after to brush through your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Smooth Down. Smoothing down and lubricating the hair might be ideal to ensure zero tangles as is. If you’re feeling a bit generous, use a flat iron to straighten everything before utilising a leave-in conditioner.
- Volumise. If you want to create and maintain voluminous locks, spray a heat protectant hairspray in your hair.Teasing your hair can also help create a fuller ponytail right after, but just remember to brush it through again.
2) Pick Your Pony
Grab the perfect clip-in ponytail for your hair, which must be close to the colour and model you want before you place and clip it in. Some may pin in the hair extensions before or after the ponytail depending on the kind of pony you’re going for. Choose from these suggestions:
- Revered Pony. This classic hairstyle is best paired with smoky eyes and bold lips. The revered ponytail may be worn with its tail pulled through the top of the crown of the head. Get a small section of hair from the front of the head to wrap it around the pony.
- High Pony. A classic and sweet high ponytail can be achieved when you gather all your hair together at the back of your head before securing them with an elastic band. Then, place the ponytail clip-in extension at the base and secure it.
- Low Pony. If you want a low-maintenance look, the low pony is the way to go. All you have to do is have your hair trimmed to a length that’s about one fist-width from your shoulders. Then, gather all your hair at the back of your head and secure it with an elastic band. Smooth down the hair extensions and connect them with a ponytail clip.
- Half-Up Pony. Debatable to be half-up or half-down, this ponytail is ideal for a prom or wedding. Pull a piece of the ponytail over to fashion a low half-up hairdo. Just like the revered pony, take a small section of hair from the front of your head, but this time pull half of it into a ponytail, leaving the rest of it up.
- Side Pony. When you want to wear a ponytail but still want to show your hair and clothes off, then a side pony is the way to go. To create this fun and flirty hairstyle that you can wear when you want to be very girly, part your hair and secure the side ponytail at the back. Pin in a ponytail clip-in extension, and you should be good to go.
3) Give the Pony Some Style
Because the ponytail is already secured in the clip-in ponytail extension, it’s easier to style your hair. The main thing about creating such a look with hair extensions is that you can be as creative as you like. Here are some hairstyles to try out:
- Classic Braid. If you want a pretty hairstyle that showcases the hair extensions very well, braiding is what you should go for. Create a basic three-strand braid that goes up into the ponytail. Keep on braiding until the hair is all pulled up and secured in place with a ponytail clip-in extension. Consider adding in some side curls or waves for variation.
- Half-Up Side Braid. Braids can be pretty, but you might be looking for a bit more flair from it. If that’s the case, part your hair on one side and create a horizontal braid, keeping the other side loose. Pin the braid into the hair extensions and repeat the same process on the other side to achieve a half-up side braid.
- Messy Bun. Put your hair into a low ponytail before twisting and pinning in the hair extension. Have some loose hair strands out for this relaxed messy bun. While it can be worn outside, you can also just wear this for an indoor date on a rainy day.
- Sleek Bun. As an alternative to the messy bun, go with the sleek slicked bun. With a low ponytail, create a simple, elegant twist and pin it in your hair extension. Take the ends of your hair and wrap it around the twist before securing it with a flat elastic.
- Top Knot. If you’re the type that’s always wearing your hair up, then you can opt for the top knot. With a low ponytail, take the top section of your hair and twist it before securing it with a scrunchie. Tie the rest of the hair in place with an elastic band.
With these easy steps, you can create a great hairstyle with clip-in ponytail extensions that can be very versatile. There might be a few decision-making moments that you need to do, but with some patience and high-quality hair products, you’re guaranteed to look fabulous.
In need of ponytail hair extensions? Foxy Locks in the UK supplies women worldwide with luxurious-quality clip-in Remy hair extensions. Shipping to the USA is available. Get in touch with us today!
What you need to know about getting ponytail extensions
Comments are closed here.