Reading Time: 4 mins
Fake eyelashes can be expensive, so it’s important to take the time to clean them after each use. This can be done easily by removing any mascara clumps and glue residue and restoring them to their original condition.
How Do False Eyelashes Work?
False lashes are a type of synthetic eyelash that can be applied above your natural lashes to enhance their look and make your eyes stand out. These are usually fixed to your eyelid using a temporary adhesive.
To get the most out of your false eyelashes, it is important to know how to clean them and properly keep them in good condition. Doing so will help them last longer and save you money in the long run.
Removing False Eyelashes
Nobody likes to mess around with their eyes, but if you try to take off false eyelashes with tweezers, your fingers, or an eyelash curler, you can really damage your eyelashes. It could even hurt your eyes. Here are three simple steps to peeling off your lashes:
- Cleanse your hands with soap and water to avoid any contamination in the delicate area around your eyes. Scrub your hands well to make sure you don’t spread any germs.
- Using your gentle touch, take hold of the outside edge of the false eyelashes with your thumb and forefinger. Carefully remove them from your eyes. If you are wearing clusters of individual lashes, carefully remove them one at a time with your fingers. Don’t tug too hard, as you want to avoid accidentally pulling out any of your natural eyelashes.
- Remove any leftover glue from your eyelashes and eyelids. Avoid picking at the glue clumps, as this could unintentionally remove real eyelashes. Use an eye makeup remover and a cotton swab or reusable swab to clean up any remaining glue residue.
Cleaning Natural Fibre Lashes
Mink eyelashes and other types of natural lash fibres don’t normally require the use of mascara. If you choose to use mascara, make sure you only apply it to your natural eyelashes before putting on the mink ones.
Use tweezers to remove any glue still attached carefully when removing your false eyelashes. Avoid using water or any cleaning product, as this could cause the false eyelashes to lose shape.
If you have trouble removing your mascara, try using a damp cotton swab and lightly roll it over your lashes. Refrain from submerging your lashes in water.
Cleaning Synthetic False Eyelashes
To get the most out of your faux lashes, it’s important to keep them clean. A few simple steps can help prolong their lifespan and make them look as good as new. Taking the time to clean your lashes regularly will help you maintain that fabulous fluttery look you love.
Using items usually found in the bathroom, you can safely clean your fake eyelashes to prevent them from becoming creased, broken, and gunky-looking. Additionally, it can help protect your eyes from the risk of infection when wearing them again.
Here are steps to cleaning synthetic false lashes:
- Begin by gathering cotton swabs, a clean towel, and rubbing alcohol or oil-free eye makeup remover.
- Put some eye makeup remover or alcohol on a cotton swab and then wipe it on a clean towel. Then, take the false lashes and press them onto the towel to remove any makeup or dirt.
- Take a cotton swab and carefully wipe away your eye makeup or lash glue from your lashes. Be especially careful when cleaning the lash bands, as they may have built up dirt and grime.
- After applying makeup, use a cotton swab soaked in warm water to wipe away any excess mascara that may still be on your skin.
- Remove any remaining adhesive from the eyelashes by gently peeling it off.
- After cleaning your false lashes, never press or squeeze them dry. Gently place them back as they were before and let them dry on a clean towel.
Investing in a spray bottle filled with an alcohol-based cleanser can make cleaning false lashes a breeze. Be aware that this method may only work for some types of lashes, but it has given great results for synthetic fibre lashes. Natural fibre lashes require a different kind of care. Before you begin, understand the distinction between synthetic and natural lashes.
Applying False Eyelashes
To apply false eyelashes, add a thin layer of glue to the lash band. Once the glue is in place, wait a few seconds for it to become slightly tacky. Then, carefully place the false eyelash as close to the root of your natural lash line. Hold the lash for a few seconds to allow it to adhere. Then, use a thin brush or q-tip to blend the false lash with your natural lashes.
If you are bumped or moved around roughly, you could risk injuring your eyes. For example, getting hit with a tool or object could cause a scratch on your cornea and put you in danger of developing a serious eye infection.
To ensure your safety, it is essential to wash your hands thoroughly before attempting to apply any false eyelashes. There may be bacteria on your hands that could cause an eye infection if it comes into contact with your eyes.
Wearing False Eyelashes
Fake eyelashes can be a great way to add extra glamour to your look. However, it is important to be careful when applying and removing them, as they can cause irritation or injury if not done correctly. If you experience discomfort or irritation after wearing them, immediately reach out to a healthcare professional.
Proper cleaning of eyelash extensions is essential for maintaining the health and appearance of the lashes. It is important to use a gentle cleanser specifically designed for eyelash extensions and to take extra care when applying the product to avoid damaging the extensions. Additionally, it is important to be consistent in the frequency of cleaning to prevent a build-up of dirt, oils, and bacteria. These steps will help ensure that your eyelash extensions remain healthy and look their best.
Foxy Locks is the UK’s leading supplier of quality hair extensions and products, including high-grade natural hair. We are also your go-to place for the best false eyelashes in the market with our broad range of choices to pick from. We pride ourselves on offering fantastic products and excellent customer service. Browse our collection today!
Comments are closed here.