Reading Time: 4 mins
If you want a quick transformation or wish to update your look without the heavy commitment of chopping your hair, consider getting clip-in hair extensions instead. Clip-in hair extensions can give you that much-needed makeover without the issues since you can quickly put them on and take them off.
Curly hair is undeniably gorgeous and can make you stand out from the crowd. If you have curly hair and use clip-in hair extensions, blending the extensions into the hair could be more challenging because they are prone to tangling. However, it is doable!
The great thing about clip-ins is that these extensions come in various base colours, allowing you to choose the closest one to your natural hair colour. Although finding the right shade can be quite easy, blending the extensions with your hair when you have a different hair type can be tricky.
Blending hair extensions can be quite challenging for people with curly hair, but worry not because we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll share how to blend your hair extensions into your curls to look more natural. Let’s get to it!
Tip #1: Match Your Hair Extensions as Close to Your Natural Hair
There are two things you want to consider when you’re purchasing clip-in hair extensions. First, you want to ensure that it resembles your natural hair colour and texture. Fortunately, Foxy Locks carries various colours, so finding the perfect shade won’t be a problem.
The next thing you want to consider is choosing the right extension length to blend well with your hair. The best way to do this is to ask your stylist to trim your hair with extensions so you have a more natural look.
Tip #2: Flip It and Shake It Out
Since your hair type matters, to help blend your clip-in extensions properly, you’ll need to texturise your hair so it can blend naturally with your crowning glory. Another tip is to flip your extensions and apply the bottom weft upside down; this will hide your shorter hair when you flip your head upright.
After clipping on your hair extensions, shaking your hair with your fingers can give you a more natural look. However, be careful so you won’t tug and pull your clip-ins!
Tip #3: Add More Curls with a Curling Iron
If you’re finding it challenging to blend your curly hair with your extensions, consider making more curls with your curling iron. This will give you a more natural look but it also adds more volume to your hair.
- Wrap and hold a small section of hair around the barrel using a half-inch curling wand. Let it sit for 20-30 seconds, then release the curl. You can cup the curl in your hand’s palm, let it cool down, and you’ll see that the curls will maintain their shape.
- After curling the weft, finger comb the curls to loosen them up. Make sure to separate the curls the way you like them, but ensure that they will perfectly match the hair’s texture.
Before you apply heat to your hair and extensions, ensure that you use a heat protectant on your hair so you won’t damage or cause any breakage in your hair and clip-in hair extensions.
Using a heat-free method
If you want to achieve stunning mermaid waves, then you may opt for the heat-free method. To use this method, follow these steps:
- First, dampen your clip-in hair extension with clean water. You may also use a mixture of rosemary oil, castor oil and other essential oils. Some people also use a sea salt mixture, which is ideal for those who have coarse or textured hair.
- Then, braid the hair in a three-strand braid. Make bigger braids if you have 2A/2B waves. Make sure to do tighter braids if you have 3C/4A/4B curls. Since most girls with curly hair have various curl patterns, it is recommended to use different sizes of braids on the extensions as this will provide a more beautiful and natural look.
- Allow your extensions to dry overnight to make sure that the curls settle and look more natural. You do not need to worry if you’re in a hurry because you can always use a hairdryer on the braids to expedite the process.
- After drying the wefts completely, untie the braids and remove them carefully using a rat-tail comb. Or, you can use your fingers if it’s easier for you.
The Bottom Line:There Are Easy Steps You Can Follow to Have Natural Looking Hair with Clip-In Hair Extensions
Dealing with curly hair can be tricky, but once you have the groove on how to style your hair with clip-in hair extensions, you’ll always step out with amazingly styled hair. So, make heads turn, use only the best quality clip-in hair extensions and easily upgrade your look!
Hair extensions are very safe and won’t damage natural hair. However, wearing them still requires special caution and care. It’s best to ask assistance from a professional to help choose the best extensions that will go well with your curly hair.
Are You Looking for Clip-In Hair Extensions in Klarna?
The methods mentioned above can help blend your extensions with your natural curls, giving you a fabulous look. However, to ensure you get the best results, choose hair extensions of good quality. There are many shops offering a wide array of clip-in hair extensions, but not all of them can give you the look you want. For quality clip-in hair extensions that blend well with your curls, shop at Foxy Locks!Foxy Locks offers thick clip-in human hair extensions in the UK. Make sure to browse our collection today and find the clip-in hair extension that suits your style For years, we’ve been supplying women worldwide with superior clip-in Remy hair and pride ourselves in offering other fantastic hair products. Check out our hair products today!
Comments are closed here.