Sabrina Carpenter is an American pop princess and actress, who rose to stardom from Disney origins. Having opened for Taylor Swift on her record-breaking Eras Tour, represented Revlon as a brand ambassador, and featured in Vogue and other high-profile publications, Sabrina is an up and coming It Girl with over 32 million Instagram followers.
Not only is Sabrina conquering the music industry, but she is also becoming a fashion and beauty icon. A major part of her signature look is her California blonde locks and Bardot bangs. If you’re just as enchanted by Sabrina’s effortlessly chic styles as we are, continue reading…
Having started her career as one of the lead characters on ‘Girl Meets World’ at age 13, Sabrina Carpenter is no stranger to the spotlight. Her natural hair colour back then was a medium blonde shade, which was then dyed shades of golden brown and copper red depending on her changing roles. Now, Sabrina opts for a bright, pale blonde shade, reminiscent of Hollywood stars from decades gone by. Sabrina’s overall vibe very much hints towards being a Golden Girl of Hollywood, with a classic elegance and 1960’s curtain bangs being part of her current influence.
With her heart shaped face and big eyes, Sabrina’s wispy waterfall curtain bangs perfectly complement her natural features. Coupled with pale pink blush, shimmery eye shadow and a glossy lip, Sabrina nails the ‘doll beauty’ aesthetic. For Sabrina’s tour wardrobe, corsets, lace, ribbons and bows were major components. These elements marry together to reference the coquette trend, a TikTok sensation that took the world by storm last year.
Because of Sabrina’s distinct style, there isn’t a huge need for her to stray from a small rotation of hair looks that are stunningly simple but effective. We’ve rounded up some of her most notable red carpet glams, so that you can recreate them at home. To achieve Sabrina’s lustrous lengths, we recommend our Luxurious range Remy clip in extensions. Available in 24 or 26 inches, Foxy Locks provides covetable volume, thickness and length. With a seamless weft design, our extensions blend effortlessly into your natural hair.
Sabrina’s staple look is the voluminous nineties bouncy blow-dry. Suiting all hair lengths, the voluminous blowout gives hair a thicker appearance and compliments layered locks well. The essentials for this look are a soft bristle round brush, hairdryer with a cool setting, and optional Velcro rollers to set the style.
- Start with clean, freshly washed hair. Squirt a few drops of Foxy Locks Luxury Gold Oil into your hands to warm the product, then disperse throughout your hair as a heat protectant.
- For additional volume, apply a mousse or texturizing spray.
- Rough dry your hair, flipping your head upside down to focus attention on adding root volume.
- Section off your hair, and work from the bottom up. Placing a round brush at the roots, aim the nozzle of the dryer down the hair shaft, moving the brush and dryer together down the length of your hair.
- Build tension between the brush and dryer for a smooth appearance.
- Once the section is dry, use the cool shot button on your hairdryer to set the style. Roll your hair into Velcro rollers in the same direction as the brush rotation to hold in place.
- Continue this process round the entirety of your head. Once finished, run a smoothing serum throughout your locks to blend the hair together. Use a light hold hair spray to keep it in place.
Another iconic look for Sabrina is her natural looking, effortless waves. Exuding the classic California, sun kissed, easygoing vibe, this is a low maintenance style can be slept in and re-worn for extra tousle and texture. The essentials for this look are a thick barrel curling wand and a wide tooth comb.
- Start on dry hair, distributing a heat protectant throughout your lengths.
- Divide your hair into manageable partings, making it easier to curl your hair evenly.
- Pick up a section of hair approximately 1 inch wide and wrap it around your curling wand, holding it on the barrel for up to 10 seconds. Release in a downward motion to pull the curl into a looser formation.
- As you work around your head, alternate the direction of the curling wand for each section of hair by placing the wand above or below the hair section. This gives a more effortless, natural looking texture rather than uniformity.
- Let the style cool for a few minutes, before using a wide tooth comb to gently break up the curls. Apply salt spray to add texture, scrunching gently with your hands.
This hairstyle is perfect for day two or three hair, as the hair has more grip and texture to it. It’s ideal for the casual, off-duty approach. Simply take one of the previous hair styles and sleep on a satin pillowcase to hold the curls or waves in place. You can refresh any pieces that have lost their definition with a curling wand or straightener to add body and volume.
- If your hair appears oily at the root, start by using a spritz of dry shampoo. Hold at arm’s length from your head and distribute the product lightly over the scalp, parting your hair in sections to target specific areas.
- Massage gently into the roots of your hair with your fingers and ensure there’s no white patches remaining.
- Pull hair into a loose, low ponytail at the nape of your neck and secure in place with a hairband.
- Twist the ponytail, wrapping it around itself at the base to form a bun. Secure in place with grips.
- Gently pull out a few strands from the bun and around your face to create a softer, more romantic look.
- Finish with light hold hairspray to hold in place. Accessorize with a ribbon or bow to add to the angelic vibe.