Are you a hair up or hair down type of person?
Okay fine, you don’t have to choose one or the other! You can enjoy the duality of both. We love wearing our locks loose and free, but don’t get us wrong – we also love to style out a fancy updo. Whether it’s a sleek, slick back or a carefree, messy bun, or perhaps a relaxed low pony or a half up, half down style, we love the versatility that tying your hair up can bring.
To elevate your updo, our premium Remy ponytail extensions add covetable volume and lustrous length. In this blog, we will explore the wide range of hairstyles that you can incorporate our ponytail hair extensions into.
Our Remy ponytail hair extensions fasten to your natural locks by sliding under the base of your own ponytail with a clip attachment, the extension then wraps around and fixes in place with a Velcro closure. This ensures the extension is secure and stays in place all day long. You can also use grips and product for additional dependability.
When choosing your perfect ponytail extension, it’s important to consider your desired length and shade. If you have a darker root and lighter ends, opt for a balayage shade to blend your natural locks into the extensions seamlessly. If you are unsure about your perfect match, get in touch with our expert team to see how we can help! Our ponytail extensions are available from 12-inch lengths all the way up to 26 inches, so there is something to suit all tastes.
Classic High Ponytail
This is a classic, go-to hairstyle for every occasion. Easy to achieve and super chic, the classic high ponytail can instantly transform a bad hair day into a good one, making you look effortlessly put together.
1. Start by brushing your natural hair into a high ponytail, securing with an elastic band at the crown of your head.
2. Smooth out any bumps with a soft bristle brush, using a gel or hairspray to tame any flyaways.
3. If you want to add extra volume to your ponytail, you can tease the top of your natural hair to add extra height.
4. Attach the clip of the ponytail extension securely to the base of your natural hair, close to the elastic band hair tie.
5. Fix in place with the Velcro fastening and any grips you need to add extra stability.
6. Blend the texture of your natural hair with the Remy ponytail extension by either straightening or curling the two together.
7. Add a scrunchie or hair bow to accessorise if you wish.
Half Up, Half Down
This hairstyle is perfect for combining our Remy ponytail extensions with our clip-in wefts. For a casual dinner or partying all night long, we love this stylish and modern look.
1. Detangle your natural locks and divide your hair in half, tying the top section loosely to hold out of the way.
2. Attach your regular clip in extensions to the lower section, starting from the underneath and working upwards.
3. Secure the clips as close to the root as possible, teasing at the root for extra grip.
4. If your hair is super short, plait the bottom section instead, then pin it up with grips so that it sits flat against your head. This forms the perfect base for the clip in extensions to attach to without being visible.
5. For the top section, brush the hair into a ponytail and tie at your desired height.
6. Clip in your ponytail extension and wrap around the base of your natural hair.
7. Use grips to secure in place and set the look with hair spray.
The braided ponytail is an easy way to add extra interest to a regular ponytail. Repeat the same steps from 1-7 of the ‘Classic High Ponytail’ above, then continue from here:
1. Divide the lengths of your ponytail into three equal sections.
2. Braid the three sections together by crossing the right section over the middle, then the left section over the middle.
3. Use a small amount of mousse or gel on your hands whilst braiding to grip the natural hair in with the extensions.
4. Continue crossing the sections over each other, all the way to the ends.
5. Secure the ends with a clear elastic band. Customize your braid by pulling out the sides to expand the width of the braid.
This is a super chic way to style your ponytail, with smooth edges for maximum sophistication. This look begins with the right preparation.
1. Start with clean hair that is slightly damp. Using a hydrating leave in conditioner or hail oil distribute a small amount throughout your locks from root to tip.
2. Using a brush to guide the hair, smooth your hair into a mid-height ponytail at the back of your head.
3. Focus on the roots and sides of your head to create the slick look. Use a comb to flatten the hair against your scalp, free of bumps.
4. Attach the ponytail extension into the base of your ponytail.
5. Spritz on a heat defence to the extensions and your natural hair, then straighten the two together to blend the textures seamlessly.
6. Finish the look by smoothing through more oil to the ends of your hair for a glossy appearance.
Voila! There are so many different ways to style your Remy ponytail extensions that we couldn’t possibly list them all. If you’re looking for more hair inspiration, check out our socials and other blog posts. Tag us if you recreate the looks at home @foxylocks