We’ve all suffered a bad hair day or two, and some issues are far more common than others. Frizz, breakage and dryness affect so many of us, preventing us from living our dream hair lives. The good news is that with the right care and a few tricks up your sleeve, you can transform your hair from drab to fab! In this blog post, we'll explore the causes of these hair issues and how to combat them effectively.
Frizz occurs when the outer cuticle layer of the hair is lifted and disrupted allowing moisture to enter and swell the hair shaft. Common causes of frizz include humidity, dryness, and damage from heat styling.
How to Combat Frizz:
- The products in your hair wash routine will be your best friend when it comes to fighting frizz. A good quality, hydrating shampoo and conditioning duo will keep your hair moisturized and protected.
- Investing in anti-frizz hair products, such as serums or leave-in conditioners will also help to tame frizz. Nourish your locks with our Deep Hydrating Hair Masque, infused with argan oil for maximum shine and softness.
- Minimize the use of hot tools where possible to avoid damaging your hair. Using a heat protectant product is also an unmissable step.
- When it comes to drying your hair, do not rub it with a regular towel. Pat hair gently to remove excess water, using a microfibre towel or a t-shirt.
Hair damage can unfortunately occur for a whole host of reasons, which can subsequently lead to breakage if you don’t maintain regular trims and hair care. The most common causes of breakage include use of excessive heat, over styling, chemical treatments and colouring.
How to Combat Breakage:
- Although it may seem counterintuitive, having your hair cut every 6-8 weeks will remove split ends and prevent them from traveling up the hair shaft.
- Rather than brushing vigorously through the hair, opt for detangling gently with a wide tooth comb first. Start from the ends and work your way up to avoid tugging knots all the way down your lengths.
- Choose hair friendly accessories like satin scrunchies rather than tight elastics. This will relieve unnecessary pressure on your hair.
The number one cause of dryness is (rather obviously) lack of moisture. This can come from environmental factors, over-washing, or using harsh hair products. Taking the time to dedicate to your hair care routine will pay off when it comes to tackling dryness, and you will reap the rewards of stunning hair.
How to Combat Dryness:
- Are you washing your hair every day? This could cause more harm than good. By constantly shampooing away your hair’s natural oils, you remove the nourishment that comes from the scalp down the shaft of the hair. Try to leave at least 2-3 days between washes.
- After carrying out your usual hair wash routine, finish your shower with a cold water rinse to help seal the hair cuticles and lock in moisture.
- Seal in moisture and nourish your locks by applying hair oil whilst damp. This lubricates the hair shaft and fills gaps between the cuticle to strengthen the hair.
- Opt for heatless styling where possible. Heatless curls can be achieved using household items like the waist tie from a dressing gown and even a sock so there is no excuse!
Does it seem like your hair just doesn’t grow, no matter how much you care for it? Don’t worry, we feel your pain! Taking care of your natural hair is the top priority, but waiting for it to grow can be a slow process. Add extra length in the meantime with our range of Remy hair extensions. Available in over twenty different shades, from 14 to 26 inches, there is something to suit all tastes and desired looks.
Perfectly suited to even the finest hair, our clip-in extensions are carefully created to blend seamlessly with your natural locks. With seamless wefts that are undetectable, no one will know that you’ve cheated your way to Rapunzel-esque long hair.