Reading Time: 3 mins
Knowing how to braid hair is a skill that could give any person endless styling possibilities. After all, playing with hairstyles is one way you can express yourself and showcase your creativity!
The best thing about braids is how they look complicated from the outside, hiding the fact that they are actually pretty simple and easy to do. However, situations change when your hair has extensions.
As complex as it might sound, in reality, braiding your hair with extensions is not a challenge but an opportunity. With your hair extensions in place, you can create longer and better braids.
To give you an idea, here’s a quick tutorial on different styles of braids to try while wearing clip-in hair extensions.
The Different Braiding Styles to Try with Hair Extensions
The French Braid
The French braid is the classic style to wear on any occasion, and it would work on different hair lengths. Wearing it with hair extensions, however, makes it look even more glamorous and classy! Here is how you can recreate it with your hair extensions:
- Put in your hair extensions. Make sure you install your hair extensions vertically on the sides of the middle partition. This would make it so that it is not as noticeable, since all your hair would be collected in the middle.
- Begin braiding three small strands on your front hairline.
- Then, hold them together as one, and add another set of strands from both sides so they should be three again.
- Bring one set of strands over and across the middle strand. Repeat it to the other side.
- Keep on alternating the left and right until you reach the end of your hair.
- Secure everything with an elastic band.
- Gently pull some section of hair to make the braids look bigger.
The Fishtail Braid
If you want a more elaborate-looking but simple to-do braid, you should try the fishtail braid. This style would only use two sets of hair strands instead of three.
- Secure your hair extensions.
- Part your hair in the middle.
- Starting from the outer side, get one section of hair from one side and then bring it across to combine with the hair from the other side of the other side.
- Repeat the process until you reach the end of your hair.
- Keep the hair in place by locking it with an elastic.
Some Helpful Tips to Remember
The steps for braiding hair with hair extensions would differ depending on what style you are planning to wear—but as long as your hair extensions are in place, the process will be more or less the same!
There are general rules you can follow to ensure your hair’s quality and look:
- Always start with knot-free hair and hair extensions. You can achieve this by brushing both thoroughly and carefully.
- If your hair is prone to frizz, using a texturising spray or hair oil could make it appear smoother and more compact, especially during the braiding part. Hair spray could also fix flyaway hairs.
Hair extensions are never a hindrance to any hairstyle you want to explore. If you want braided hair, you can fully achieve it even with hair extensions on. In fact, these can even improve how your braided hair looks! You only need to find the proper way to achieve your desired look and the right styling materials. Then, let your hair extensions make that hairstyle look more fabulous on you.
If you are searching for good hair extensions in the UK, then we’ve got exactly what you need. Foxy Locks has been the trusted supplier of luxurious quality clip-in hair extensions in the UK and the US. We have a range of options to choose from that ensures that something would suit your hair type and texture. Start browsing our products today!
Comments are closed here.