Reading Time: 3 mins
If you want to change your look, try changing your hairstyle. A minor tweak from your go-to style could transform your look by leaps and bounds. If you want a sophisticated look, an updo might be the right choice for you. If you like to be more playful, loose hair is a great option. If you want to add a little excitement to your life, changing your hair colour or straightening or curling your hair could bring just that.
But there is one hairstyle you could wear no matter how you aim to look—a ponytail! Wear it low for a clean and casual look. Are you attending a formal event? Make it sleek, clean, and high. It is a staple hairstyle that could give you a different look each time, but before you achieve any look, your hair needs to be long, thick, and bouncy.
Fortunately, clip-in ponytail extensions can take care of that. There are many different hair extensions you can use to achieve various ponytail hairstyles. This article will help you create two ponytail looks using two different hair extensions.
Look 1: The Classic High Ponytail
Hair extension needed: three clip weft
If you do not know what style to use, you can never go wrong with the classic high ponytail. Here are the steps to achieve it:
- At the crown of your head, separate a small ponytail. This part is where you would insert your hair extensions.
- Start clipping one weft around the little ponytail. The closer it is to the elastics, the better it would look and the more secure it would be. Doing so would also give more space for the other wefts.
- Clip the rest of the wefts using the aforementioned procedure. If you need additional thickness, add one clip wefts on top of the existing wefts in your hair.
- Gather the rest of the hair and turn it into one high ponytail. Make sure that you fully cover the small real-hair ponytail. Secure it with a quality hair tie.
- Finish it off cleanly by taking a strand of hair and wrapping it around the base of your ponytail. Doing this should hide all the wefts. Secure it with bobby pins for additional stability.
Look 2: The Messy Ponytail
Hair extension you need: two clip weft and a four clip weft
The messy ponytail is the go-to look if you want to look like you just threw your hair into a ponytail for an effortlessly chic look. Here is how to achieve it:
- Separate your hair horizontally in half. Then, start clipping your two clip weft. Make sure they are facing downwards.
- Get a section of hair by your crown and separate it from the rest. Flip it upside down. Get your four clip weft and start attaching it upside-down this time.
- Add more ponytail extensions as needed or if you are not yet satisfied with your volume.
- Once you are happy with your hair volume, gather it into a high ponytail and secure them with a hair elastic.
- Take out a few hairs to achieve a messy look. Ideally, choose the area that frames your face at the front.
- To add more texture at the top, tug your hair at the roots and backcomb sections of the ponytail.
- Add extra textures by scrunching your hair upwards using your hair and set it with hairspray.
Ponytails are among the easiest and most versatile hairstyles for any occasion. Styling your hair in a ponytail is relatively easy, but if you want it to look extra beautiful, spend a few more minutes and add a few extensions to give you that fuller look everyone wants.
Make sure that you use quality clip-in ponytail extensions to get the best ponytail. Foxy Locks is your trusted source of natural-looking hair extensions using quality and premium Remy hair. Find your desired colour and length from our online shop—we provide free shipping to the UK and the US.
What you need to know about getting ponytail extensions
3 types of clip in ponytail hairstyles
The benefits of clip in pony tail extensions
Comments are closed here.